1.Skinner D, Hardcastle T, Rodseth R, Muckart D. The incidence and outcomes of acute kidney injury amongst patients admitted to a level 1 trauma unit. Injury Int. J. Care Injured 45, 2014:259-264.
2. Rodseth RN, Biccard BM, Le Manach Y, Sessler DI, Lurati Buse GA, Thabane L, Schutt RC, Bolliger D, Cagini L, Cardinale D, Chong C, Chu R, Cnotliway M, Di Somma S, Fahrner R, Lim W, Mahla E, Manikandan R, Puma F, Pyun W, Radovic` M, Rajagopalan S, Suttie S, Vanniyasingam T, van Gaal W, Waliszek M, Devereaux P. The Prognostic Value of Pre-Operative and Post –Operative B-Type Natriuretic Peptides (B-Type Natriuretic Peptide and N-Terminal Fragment of Pro-B-Type Natriuretic Peptide) in patients Undergoing NonCardiac Surgery. JACC Vol 63(2) 2014: 70-80.
3. Rodseth RN. Accelerated care versus standard care among patients with hip fracture: the HIP ATTACK pilot trial. Canadian Medical Associations Journal 2014; 186 (1) :E52-E60.
4. Laing GL, Bruce JL, Skinner DL, Allorto NL, Clarke DL, Aldous C. Development, implementation, and evaluation of a hybrid electronic medical record system specifically designed for a developing world surgical service. World J Surg (2014) in press
5.Effects of dexamethasone as a local anaesthetic adjuvant for brachial plexus block: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2014; 112(3):427-439.
6. Moyce Z, Rodseth R, Biccard B. The efficacy of peri-operative interventions to decrease postoperative delirium in non-cardiac surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The Association of Anaesthetics of Great Britain and Ireland Anaesthesia 2014; 69:259-269.
7. Biccard B, Redman L, Naidoo P. HIV, vascular surgery and cardiovascular outcomes: A South African cohort study. The Association of Anaesthetics of Great Britain and Ireland Anaesthesia 2014; 69:208-213
8. Biccard B. Myocardial Injury after Noncardiac Surgery. A large, International, Prospective Cohort Study Establishing Diagnostic Criteria, Characteristic, Predictors, and 30 –day Outcomes. Anaesthesiology 2014; 120: 564-578.
9. Biccard B, Rodseth R. Taking an idea to a research protocol. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014; 20(1):14-18.
10. Biccard B. Myocardial injury after non-cardiac surgery: a new clinical entity. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014; 20(1); 24.
11. Farina Z. Time to face the book? ‘Unfriending’ IV fluids. Where are we currently with fluid administration in anaesthesia and critical care? South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014; 20(1):36-38.
12. Von Rahden RP. The benefits and risks of vasoactive agents. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014; 20(1):40-42
13. Hodgson E. Perioperative cardiac care - not just systolic. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014; 20(1):48-51.
14. Von Rahden RP. Intraoperative point –of-care testing. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014; 20(1):62-64.
15. Muckart D, Gopalan D, Hardcastle T, Hodgson E. Palliative care: Definition of euthanasia. South Afr Med J 2014; 104(4):259-260.
16. Biccard B, Devereaux P, Rodseth R. Cardiac biomarkers in the prediction of risk in the non-cardiac surgery setting. The Association of Anaesthetics of Great Britain and Ireland Anaesthesia 2014; 69:484-493
17. Hodgson E, Paruk F, Kisson N, Hartog C, Feldman C, Lipman J, Guidet B,Du Bin, Argent A, and Sprung C. Withdrawing Mechanical ventilation - The approach should be individualized Journal of Critical Care 2014; (article in press).
18. Muckart D, Pillay B, Hardcastle T, Skinner D. Vascular injuries following blunt polytrauma. Eur J of Trauma Emergency Surg 2014(40); 315-322
19. Kusel B, Farina Z, Aldous C. Anaesthesia training for interns at a metropolitan training complex: does it make the grade? South African Family Practice 2014; 56(3):1-5
20. Sprung C, Paruk F, Kisson N , Hartog C, Lipman J, Du Bin, Argent A, Hodgson E, Guidet B, Groeneveld J, Feldman C. Difference between withholding and withdrawing life-sustaining treatments. Journal of Critical Care 2014; (article in press).
21. Moodley T, Gopalan D. Airway skills training using a human patient simulator. Southern African Journal of Anaesthesia and Analgesia 2014; 20(3):147-151.
22. Moodley Y, Biccard B. The association between preoperative clinical risk factors and in-hospital strokes and death following carotid endarterectomy in South African patients. Southern African Journal of Anaesthesia and Analgesia 2014; 20(3):152-154.
23. Torborg A, Ryan L, Kantor G, Biccard B. The pharmacoecconomics of routine postoperative troponin surveillance to prevent and treat myocardial infarction after non-cardiac surgery. South Afr Med J 2014; 104(9):619-623.
24. Haffejee F, Sommerville T. Fairness in using negative marking for assessing true/false questions. The Independent Journal of Teaching and Learning 2014; (9): 75-82.
25. Cagini L, Andolfi M, Leli C, Potenza R, Ragusa M, Scarneccia E, Vannucci J, Rodseth R, Puma F. B-type natriuretic peptide following thoracic surgery: a predictor of postoperative cardiopulmonary complications. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 46(2014)74 -80.
26. D.L. Skinner, G.L. Laing, R.N. Rodseth, L. Ryan, T.C. Hardcastle, D.J.J. Muckart. Blunt cardiac injury in critically ill trauma patients: A single centre experience. Injury (2014) 13 September. (article in press).
27. Bishop DG. Predicting spinal hypotension during Caesarean section. Southern African Journal of Anaesthesia and Analgesia 2014; 20(4):170-173.
28. Rodseth R. Of fashions, fads and evidence –based medicine. The Anaesthetic Foundation Edition. Guest Editorial.
30. Malbrain M, Roberts D, Surgrue M, de Keulenaer B, Ivatury R, Pelosi P, Verbrugge F, Wise R, Mullens W. The polycompartment syndrome: a concise state -of-the-art review. Anaesthesiology Intensive Therapy. 2014: Vol 46, No 5, 433-450.
31. Wise R, Roberts D, Vandervelden S, de Berg, de Waele J, de Laet, Kirkpatrick A, de Keulenar B, Malbrain M. Awareness and knowledge of intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome: results of an international survey.
32. Memela M, Gopalan P. Variations in endotracheal tube cuff pressure: Is 8-hourly monitoring enough? South African Journal Critical Care. 2014: 30(2):35-40.
33. Samuel R, Nel D, Joubert I, de Bruin, Dwyer S, Fourie A, Naidu S, Samuel R , Coovadia Y. SASA Guidelines for Infection control in Anaesthesia in South Africa. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2014: 20 (3) (Supplement 1).